Monday, March 08, 2010

Quilt Fest of NJ

On Friday, I went to the Quilt Fest of NJ.  Based on a wonderful experience at the Pennsylvania National show last September, I was hoping to see a more robust show than in recent years, with lots of quilts and vendors.  I was surprised at the small number on both counts. Each year, I wonder if and how the organizers will be able to sustain this show next year, and this year is no different.  The photo featured is Best in Show, done by the talented Anna Faustino.  To view my pictures from the show, click here.

 What I liked about the show:
Great vendors, with lots of variety.  I enjoyed the quilts I saw, but there simply weren't enough of them, and I'd seen many of the quilts on view at other shows.

What I didn't enjoy:
The vendors who were there were interesting, but there were fewer than I expected.  Small number of quilts (53), limited listings (many quilts had a name and title card, but no listing in program.  Several quilts were on display at previous shows.

No comments: